- Safe Water
ENPHO has developed simple, portable & low cost water field test kits for testing different parameters of water. They can be easily operated by any person after simple training. These kits are available at ENPHO and can be delivered within a week of requisition. ENPHO also provides the facility of refilling fresh chemicals. The test kit principal is based on Colorimetric test & Titrimetric.
- Partnership for safe water campaign
- Social Marketing of PIYUSH in Nepal
- Institutionlization of Sodis in Nepal – Phase VI
- Evaluation of Plastic Bags for Sodis in Nepal
- Solvatten Impact Study in Nepal
- Arsenic Mitigation Programme
- Water Safety Plans
- Water Pasteurization Through Improved Cook Stove (WAPIC)
- Status of Drinking Water Quality in Nepal
- Promotion of Rain Water Harvesting System
- Sustainable Sanitation
Proper and sustainable sanitation systems are essential for public health and pollution control. More than half the households in Nepal do not have toilets and even where there are toilets the excreta is usually not managed properly. Furthermore, the nutrient value of excreta as well as solid waste is often wasted. ENPHO is therefore actively promoting sustainable sanitation systems that are technically and environmentally sound, financially feasible, and socially acceptable.
- Promotion of Decentralized Waste Water Treatment Systems (DEWATS)
- School Led Sanitation and Hygiene Education in Bajhang
- Construction of DEWATS With Organic Waste at Amaghar
- Community Based DEWATS With Biogas Reactor at Shrikhandapur
- Nepal Node For Sustainable Sanitation
- Waste and Wastewater Management at Gokyo
- Integrated Sustainable Solid Waste Management (ISWM)
- Solid Waste Management in Thamel
- Demonstration of Production of Compost, Vermi Compost and Biogas From Waste
- Technical Assistance For Waste Management
- Community Based Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
With a mission to enable communities become eco-friendly, ENPHO has been implementing several community based integrated WASH programme in various communities in Nepal. ENPHO has been working closely with and building capacity of local communities and local government authorities to promote community based water and sanitation initiatives.
- Su-Swastha - School Led Safe Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Improvement in Mid-Western Areas of Nepal
- SWASHTHA - Safe Water, Air, Sanitation, Hygiene Treasuring Health
- COMMUNITY BASED WASH IMPROVEMENT GUNDU
- Jhaukhel Wash Improvement Project
- Community Drinking Water Supply, Sanitation And Education, Kavre
- Community Development Program of UEIP, Dhulikhel Municipality
- Micro-Enterprise Development Programme (MEDEP) Project
- The Design of Water Treatment Plant at Mechi Eye Hospital
- Environment and Public Health Institute(ENPHI)
ENPHO believes that learning is a continuous process that is essential for progress. It has therefore set up Environment and Public Health Institute (ENPHI) as a learning platform dedicated to designing and delivering professional training programmes to build capacity of community groups, professionals and decision makers so as to empower them to make informed decisions and enhance their abilities to deliver environmental services.
ENPHI provides hands-on learning opportunities through short term courses (ranging from one day to one month) on a wide range of issues targeted at local, national and international participants. Readymade as well as tailor-made courses are available to suit the needs of different clients. The overall goal is to provide innovative tools that will inspire and empower people to take action.
ENPHO has joined hand with several partners such as seecon international, CAWST, BORDA/CDD society, IRC & RCNN, SEI, UN-HABITAT to organize trainings on water, sanitation and wastewater management and also to develop standard training moduels and packages on safe drinking water, sustainable sanitation and DEWATS. In addition, ENPHO had made agreement with Central Human Resources Development Unit (CHRDU) with DWSS to jointly conduct trainings as well as to develop various training modules and packages particularly for Ecological Sanitation.
- Sustainable Sanitation and Water Resources Management Network ASIA
- Water Expertise and Training Centre (WET C)
- Energy & Climate
- Disaster Preparedness and Response